I majorly FAILED at all of my 2012 challenges, so for 2013, I've decided my year-long limit is 5, with maybe a few short-term challenges thrown in here and there.
Shellyrae at Book'd Out is hosting the 2013 Eclectic Reader Challenge - why, that's ME!!! I read almost everything!
From the blog:
- Create a blog post committing to your participation in this challenge.
* If you don’t have a blog you are still welcome to sign up. You can create a shelf for the challenge at Goodreads or LibraryThing or a similar site Just include your name and a link to your shelf.
- Select, read and review a book from each genre listed below during the year for a total of 12 books. A book may be in print, electronic or audio format.
* You can choose your books as you go or create a list in advance. You may combine this challenge with others if you wish.
* Where a book is identified by more than one genre eg historical romance, it may only count for either the historical fiction or romantic fiction genres – not both.
* You can read your chosen titles in any order, at any pace, just complete the challenge by December 21st 2013 to be eligible for the prize drawing.
- Translated fiction
- Historical mystery
- Romantic suspense
- Made into a movie
- New Adult
- Urban Fantasy
- Action Adventure
- Published in 2013
You can sign up at any time through December 1, 2013. Looking at the list, urban fantasy, LGBT and romantic suspense will be my challenge (although I wonder ... if a book has a character who is LGBT, does that count as LGBT genre?)
I just finished "Invisible Murder" by Lene Kaaberbol and Agnete Friis, and I have "The Boy in the Suitcase" still to read, so if I wait until January, that can be my translated fiction read.
There's plenty of time to join in if your challenge calendar isn't already full!