My First Blog Award! -AND- A Photo Tag!5/15/2010 02:11:00 PM
This is so sweet! Now I feel as though I'm really becoming part of the blogging family!
Nichol at KiddiesCorner Deals was kind enough to award me with the Gorgeous Blogger Award:
Accept and thank the person who gave it to you!
List 10 things about yourself
List 5 additional things you DON'T like
Then pick ten people to give this lovely award to!
10 Things About Me:
1. I'm a big proponent and activist for social change; I believe that anyone who is willing to work hard should have an equal opportunity to succeed. That means pay equity, equal chances at higher education, and the like.
2. I am heartbroken right now, because I just found out that Law and Order has been cancelled.
3. I am even more heartbroken because this comes on top of knowing that there are only TWO more episodes of Lost airing!
4. I love alt, classic rock, R&B, hip hop, AND techno!
5. I am the mother of a son who was diagnosed in the autistic spectrum (PDD/NOS) when he was four. The doctors and I also believe that his behavior and subsequent diagnosis are directly linked to lead exposure in an older home that we were renting.
6. I am the mother of a son who fought with me through the diagnosis to now be one of the highest-grade-getting 3rd graders in his charter school, with lots of friends and activities!
7. I don't drive right now, because when my car died, I was unemployed and couldn't afford to fix it. On the plus side, I get to keep the pounds off with all of the walking!
8. Even though I'm not an old lady, I was totally happy when I got myself a granny cart for my shopping/laundry expeditions.
9. I typically buy one good pair of loafers in a dark color and wear them almost all of the time until the top starts pulling away from the soles! (I DO have more shoes, I just tend to pick a fave pair to wear most of the time)
10. I'm not a perfect parent, but my kids love me anyway! :)
5 Things I Don't Like:
2. (was going to say liver again, but that would be cheating!) - Intolerance
4. I'm going to have to echo Nichol on this one and say "Skinny Men"
5. Flies (if I see one in my house, it must die!)
Although there are many that I visit who deserve this award, I must narrow it down to 10, so here goes!
1. Wise Craft - this is a great-looking, crafty blog with all kinds of lovely inspiration and tutorials
2. Homemade by Jill - She is a crafty diva, AND she shows YOU how to make all different kinds of goodness!
3. Design Baby - Loads of ideas for babies, including DIY, product reviews, and giveaways, too!
4. My Tinker Space - MORE crafty goodness, including a Daily DIY! .
5. Show Me Mama - She is lovely, her family is gorgeous; she busts hump working on her blog, AND she has crafty goodness AND giveaways!
6. Simply Stacie - I've been a regular reader and follower of hers long before I actually became a regular blogger myself. She recently moved over to WordPress and her own domain, so visit her and show some comment love! (She also has lots of great giveaways, too)
7. Rundpinne - I swear, she must read a book or two every day! Great book blog, with well-written, thoughtful reviews!
8. Shabby Chic Cottage - can you tell I love crafty? Go here for vintage and "cottage style" inspiration and how-tos.
9. 5 Minutes for Mom - they are a 'big blogger', but they do so many good things to give back to their readers and to the community in general. Well worth a visit and some comment love!
10. Thanks, Mail Carrier - Xenia works her bum off rounding up great products for giveaways to her readers! Head on over for a visit!
A photo tag from Nichol as well ... oh, boy!
Here are the directions...
1) Go to your photo files, select the 8th photo folder.
2) Select the 8th photo in that folder.
3) Post that photo along with the story behind it.
4) Then challenge 8 blogging friends to do the same!
I think I will follow Nichol's example on this and pass this tag on to my 8 newest followers that have their OWN blogs!
1. The Clements Family at Our Family Treat
2. The group at Shooting Stars Mag (you all are probably going to have to pull straws to see which one of you is actually tagged! LOL!0
3. Cheryl over at Cheryl's Items of Interest
4. Britney at Britney's Beauty Blog
5. Holly at June Cleaver Nirvana
6. Deb at Just Short of Crazy
7. Juliana at A Blonde Walks Into a Blog (and, yes, her blog is as funny as it's title!)
8. Pamela at Music for Special Kids.
I can't wait to see all of YOUR pics! Have a wonderful Saturday, everyone!